Sunday, December 13, 2009

CVS trip 12/13


I'll upload a picture of what I got later.
Some great deals today since I got lucky and received two $5 off wyb $15 CRTs from the coupon machine. Sadly though my store didn't have any of the gift tags that were free after ecb. They would've really been useful!

Transaction #1
2 Merrybrite Tissue Paper $1.99
2 Merrybrite Bows 12ct. $2.99
1 Hallmark Card $0.99
2 Halmark Cards $1.99
-$5 coupon from Hallmark cards found in December issues of magazines (Oprah, Family Circle...)
1 M&M Peanut Butter $0.89
-$5 wyb $15 CRT
-$2 wyb $10 CVS brand items
-$2.99 in previous ECB

Subtotal = 0.83 + tax (0.90)
Total OOP = $1.73
Received $5.98 ECB for bows, $3.98 ECB for tissue paper

Transaction #2
1 Bic Soleil Razor 4ct $4.99
1 Complete Contact Solution $9.99
-$1 Coupon from insert
1 CVS Lip Balm $1.29

-$5 wyb $15
-$10 ecb

Subtotal=$0.27 + tax(0.12)
Total=0.39
Received $4 ECB for Razor, $9.99ecb for Complete Contact Solution

**Make sure to give the $ off when you spend $ coupons first when your total is the highest before you give other coupons.

SO for totals
Previous ECB used = roughly $13
Total OOP including tax = $2
ECB earned = roughly $24
So today was a money maker of about $9

And in reality it's just about $19 because the $10 ecb I used in the 2nd transaction was the one I printed from a CVS-advisor survey.

And the chapstick I actually bought for my housemate so he paid me back $1.25 which brings me to another good point. If you have friends who also need stuff from CVS or other stores that require you to bring your total to a certain amount for a deal (like $$ off wyb $$ or sale price wyb $20 ) then offer to include their stuff in your transaction. It doesn't hurt them and saves you from spending extra to bring your total up.

Other interesting things I picked up were some free Essence of Beauty samples with $1 off coupons attached to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment